BEST OF FRANCE® (Formerly Taste of France) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote the image of France abroad, through major events which highlight the expertise and “Savoir-Faire” of France, to offer New Yorkers and Americans the ability to experience France in a brand new way, as well as to promote the Franco-American friendship.
The Steering Committee of BEST OF FRANCE® consists of representatives from most of the major French associations and organizations in the United States, as well as from the French Embassy.
BEST OF FRANCE IS PRESENTED BY
2013: UNPRECEDENTED & SPECTACULAR RESULTS
Under the High Patronage and in the presence of
Mr. Laurent Fabius,
French Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development.
With over 100,000 visitors in 2 days !! The second Taste of France was back in the Fall of 2013, in Bryant Park in the heart of New York City. Our exciting events and special daily programs explored the diversity and presented to the American public a complete sensory French experience. Visitors came hungry and ready to shop, learned a little or a lot, smiled, relaxed and had a great time in France …in New York City.
- 120 sponsors and exhibitors: institutions and French companies who greatly benefited from the impact of the event
- Tremendous impact, recognized as “The Largest Event Promoting the Image of France Ever Produced Abroad”
- An exceptional Wine Tasting with 20 of the greatest sommeliers in the United States and 100 wines from various regions of France (over 3,600 bottles!)
- A talented and dedicated team of Maitres Cuisiniers de France and Académie Culinaire de France chefs, who produced over 20,000 gourmet servings and catered for the event’s VIP receptions, producing a quality of food rarely experienced in an outdoor event of this magnitude
- Cooking demonstrations on stage by great French chefs
- A spectacular hot air balloon flying in the Manhattan sky
- Artisanal demonstrations and display of French know-how and technology such as an important presence of the major French regions, the presentation of a Boeing/Airbus engine, the live creation of a Taste of France Fragrance…
- Great performances and Grand Finale by artists from the Metropolitan Opera
- Over 250 million visual impacts in the American media
BEST OF FRANCE ORGANIZATION
GERARD ARAUD – Ambassador of France to the United States
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & FOUNDING MEMBERS
EVENT COORDINATION & SUPERVISION
ARCHITECTURE & SCENOGRAPHY
ART & CULTURE